The control of COVID-19 consists of a wide range of functionalities and services such as monitoring of assemblies, access control, ventilation of closed environments and sanitisation of objects and spaces. Currently, each of these areas offers independent commercial solutions, targeted at the specific service and not optimised for the specific case of COVID-19.
The aim of SAFE PLACE is to develop more effective tools. Currently, functions such as crowd monitoring, access control, ventilation of enclosed spaces and sanitisation of objects and spaces are not integrated. SAFE PLACE will improve these functions and allow simple integration between these devices to multiply their positive effects and absolute effectiveness. Development will take place in three directions:
- Crowd control More efficient video and radar analysis algorithms will be developed for counting people and verifying the use of PPE. The interconnection of these devices with intelligent gates will make it possible to automate access control according to the level of crowding in the premises, the condition of the individual (use of PPE, body temperature, etc).
- Sanitisation The development of advanced and innovative air conditioning, filtration, ventilation and sanitisation systems, integrated with environmental sensors, will make it possible to implement automated and energy-efficient air quality control systems.
- Comfort The Human-Centric Lighting solutions developed will help to alleviate the stress of people confined to a home or hospital, providing a more comfortable environment with natural light that better accompanies the person's biorhythms. The SAFE TALK application will alleviate the discomfort of physical isolation by facilitating the communication of people with frailty with their loved ones. The interconnection of heterogeneous devices for monitoring and controlling access, air conditioning, lighting and sanitation of air, rooms and objects through a centralised node will allow not only the remote control and optimised management of individual functions, but also the development of integrated and advanced services.
SAFE PLACE therefore wants to offer for the first time on the market a modular solution, which allows several services for the prevention of COVID-19 to be combined in a synergic manner, according to the specific needs of the various use cases, combining the different technological solutions and business models of the companies involved.
- The project has a total cost of €2,999,480 and an IRS cost of €50,011.25.
- Intervention carried out with financing POR - Objective "Increasing business innovation activity" ERDF part European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020.
- AXIS: AXIS 1 "Research, Technological Development and Innovation".
- ACTION: Action 1.1.4- Call for support for collaborative R&D activities for the development of new sustainable technologies, products and services.